Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Will Not Forget


Seven years ago today the World Trade Towers were hit by two airplanes that had been hijacked by Islamic terrorists. Life in the United States changed that day in ways we have so quickly adjusted to that we have forgotten them.

I don't know about you, but the minute I got home from school I sat down and asked questions til I figured out precisely what happened, and then I watched as the news kept replaying those hours that changed our lives.

Since that fateful day I have been to New York City and I have stared into the gaping whole that was the Trade Towers. After seeing that colossal hole I cannot forget what happened. The mere size of it was amazing! Since that trip I have not been able to get out of my head the pictures and the reality of what happened, of what directly effected tens if not hundreds of thousands of people in a few short minutes.

Since that day I have known soldiers who have headed off to war. I have watched the faces of sons, husbands, daughters, and wives of people near me, flicker across my television. These are people like you and me that will NEVER come home.

I have listened and seen the world turn since that day and I have seen many people forget what happened and ignore it.

Well, I will not forget. I cannot forget. The images are burned into my memory clearly, deeply, vibrantly. My heart still aches when I think of the lives lost, my patriotism swells when I think of the soldiers who are fighting to keep it from happening again.

Heroes were made that day, and many more have been made since. I thank them, each and every one of them. You have my prayers, my thoughts, and my thanks.

I have not forgotten and I will not forget. I WILL REMEMBER.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you know cousin, the freedom towers are either now in its place or still bein built. I dont think they should build over that, it should be ground zero forever, for all those fire fighters that died, the man that developed the two towers that died, and sadly all those office professionals that died that horrific day.

They are trying to cover up what happened to america.. saying have you forgotten? and getting mad, its more or less, this love, peace and haha society. and I hate that the most, this country is going down the toilet too fast.

I pray by the grace of god, that more people will not forget!! dont forget those men and women that died in those towers, and dont forget our men over seas that keep us safe, they are fighting for a reason, we do not want to put the giant back to sleep, we need to be alert and ready when a stray dog comes in our back yard, to protect our families and loved ones.

i pray to God that people dont forget!