Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Baby Steps

This is my attempt at trying to blog more regularly. I still don't have a life or much to blog about, but since blogs are often nothing but taken up web space, I blog on.

Oddly enough however, I actually have a number of things I wish to make comment on today!

First - Ted Kennedy's death. I would be glad he has finally, irrevocably been removed from the office of senator were it not for the fact I have very little faith in the liberal peoples of Massachusetts. If I thought it were impossible for them to elect a politician who was worse, I would indeed be... relieved. However, I do not underestimate the power of human stupidity so I shall not breathe that satisfying sigh of relief until they have elected someone better. My only hope at this point is that we won't be subjected to Michael Jackson-esque coverage. On that note, I hope Michael Jackson's coverage will FINALLY end.

Second - Ring hunting. It is difficult to find a ring that you actually like that is actually within your price range, and that is versatile. After several months of searching for a ring I have finally found and purchased a ring that I like. Well, technically it's three rings in one (which really made my day!), but since when do I quibble on technicalities? Don't answer that.

Third - Stupid politicians. I would say more than that, but unfortunately caps lock, point 72 font, bold, italics, and underlining does not convey how fed up, ticked off, and generally irate I am. That, and I don't use that kind of language.

Fourth - Comedy movies. Never in my life have I seen a string of such un-funny trailers for comedy movies! I'm not a fan of movies like "Dodge-ball" or "Meet the Spartans" but at least the trailers will have a few chuckle inducing clips. The trailer for "Funny People" was the most unfunny thing I've ever seen in my life, followed by a close second of the "Taking Woodstock" trailer. As a matter of fact, I thought the "Inglorious Basterds" trailer was much funnier. Watching Hitler say, "Nien! Nien! Nien!" over and over reminded me of that Carol Burnette skit with Tim Conway and the Hitler hand puppet. FUNNY stuff that!

In fact, lemme share the laughs with you:

No comments: