Tuesday, September 05, 2006

School Daze


Yes, I meant to use "daze" not "days", because, frankly, I am in a daze. I'm at college (Northland Baptist Bible College) and I am ending the first 2 days of school. I have now gone to all of my classes at least once. Go me.

I don't think I've quite realized yet that all the homework I've been given is not due tomorrow. on the other hand, I haven't realized that some of it really is and the rest is due at the end of the week. Everything is moving so swiftly and and in so many directions that I'm having a hard time sorting it out in my head. I'm sure the serious lack of sleep over the last few days has contributed to the seriously cloudy thinking of late. Yes... seriously cloudy...

Just like my header, I'm cloudy headed... but I'm not so sure about the "starry eyed" thing anymore. More like glazed over. Lack of sleep, allergies, and general confusion have contributed for the under eye luggage and dark rings.

In an attempt to regain some thinking abilities, I am trying to find ways to calm myself down and relax. I'm met with limited success. I'm quite stressed and uptight. I shouldn't be. I've been trying to get into my Bible, but for some reason I can't seem to find the verse that can help me. I've been praying a bit, which has helped a tiny little bit, but has by no means resolved the tension. Oh me of little faith?

Any non-godly means of stress relief aren't working either. Typically, making a banner or something helps, but I have no inspiration! So does ranting in my LiveJournal, to Berella, or to my journal, and it sorta does, but not much. Right now, I'm trying music. I've got "O Love Divine" by the Steve Pettit Evanelistic team playing. "Cleansing Wave" was sorta helpful... but now I've skipped to "O Love Divine" and it seems to be calming my nerves more.

Part of my problem is that I have a VERY hard time just letting go.

I just had an epiphany! Things I'm typically not good at physically, I'm not so great at spiritually! Yikes! I've never been good about letting go and letting myself drop onto the ground when climbing around on a jungle gym, I've never been good at letting myself lean on things I haven't tested or falling onto even the softest and sturdiest of objects I was sure of, and well... never mind... though phsycially I'm not much for stretching, I almost enjoy stretching in different directions in ministry.

Well... I've obviously got a few things to work on! Trusting in God, leaning on God, falling into His open arms and letting him catch me. That's my problem! I'm always trying to catch myself. Shall I ever learn to let God catch me?

1 comment:

Frank Di Gerl said...

Thank you! I was taking a test just as you were. I'll let you know about the outcome!

You can call me Frankie. I care not.

I'm not sure it is... thanks for the offer though! I'll see if I can't find the transcripts online perhaps. :o)