Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A New Year!

Nothing screams "New year's celebration" like an all day Hee Haw marathon. In case you've never heard of Hee Haw, let me enlighten you as to what it is.

A corny show from the 70's which could loosely be called the early red neck version of SNL. But they have country music singers on their constantly singing their hits. Well, hits back in the 70's. If you can somehow manage to not freak out upon seeing the ridiculously big hair, and can look past the cheesey props, you'll see a corny, but funny show. And I mean corny literally. They have a corn field that they like to pop up in and give one liners. It's a variety show... yup!

But I didn't sit and watch it all night. Just for a few hours after midnight. I couldn't sleep. And that show didn't help.

I just hope that that wasn't an accurate prologue to this year... perhaps a fitting end to last year... but please, not a prologue!

I ended last year with an unexpected crash course in 70's music... "A Pagan's Nightmare" kept making references to disco, Hee Haw is nothing but 70's country, and it just seems I'm coming into contact with an unusual and unwanted amount of music from one of the tackiest decades this country has ever known! I feel like I'm stuck in a 70's timewarp...

This is year is starting out interestingly enough, however! Tomorrow I get to have my top two wisdom teeth removed. Friday I go to a friends house to watch movies and play video games (assuming I can see straight), and Saturday I go off to do things with a few friends. Sunday, I'm helping the choir sing a song they don't know, but I know. After that I'm working on getting clothes, skirts, etc. either mended, taken in, or made. Or bought... I have a few things that need to be pitched and replaced with something that isn't dead or too small.

But this new year isn't just starting off corny, painful, expensive, and time consuming. It's also starting out with a scare. This is a warning for all laughers! Don't eat and laugh! It's dangerous!!! This could happen to you! Though, I'm usually in danger of the opposite, but still! Heed the warning! Don't laugh and eat!

Anyway, that's all my rambling for now.

Until the cows come home,
-Frank

No comments: