Saturday, August 25, 2007

We Do Not Know


Two posts in a day- I know, shocking. But this is just proof that we do not know what a day will hold.

It was 30 minutes after my last post that Mom called me from my bedroom to the back porch where we keep our little freezer. The door was half open and all the food inside spoiled. Among the contents of the freezer were 2 large roasts and pork chops. The pork chops and one of the roasts were spoiled, but the larger of the two roasts was salvageable after Mom took off the top inch or so. Mom had to rush off to go paint at a friend's house, and I was left to clean up the freezer... with bad lighting... and in my own shadow... with out much I could do about it. Which stunk both literally and figuratively.

I can now safely rule out nursing, forensic anything, crime scene clean up, and butchering from the future occupation list. I will details of clean up at that.

I walk away giving a short laugh though. There always seems to be something popping up that you plain couldn't see coming. Though, I am inclined to believe that perhaps a little more so at our house than most peoples.

Spontaneity is the spice of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frankie - your summer sounds a lot like mine was - many many lessons learned - it was one big lesson in FORGIVENESS! amazing. will keep u & your family in prayer.