Monday, February 04, 2008

And When You Pray...

Since most of you that read my blog are either on my mailing list or were at Heart Conference, than I shan't copy all my notes here. However, I will park on one of the points the speaker brought up about prayer.

I believe he said a bit about how even though God is sovereign, we still need to pray because our prayers are apart of His sovereign plan. The speaker also mentioned something about how God will sometimes delay in answering our prayers because it is then that we will learn something about Him we wouldn't have learned otherwise.

I'm rather in a funny stage with that though because I am far enough in to see there is a lesson being taught, but what exactly it is, I can't figure out. This is one of those times when God keeps saying, "Wait and see".

Far easier said than done from a human point of view. I have had in my mind 3 different dates by which I figured Dad would have to have a job or- there was no or, if's, and's or but's in my mind about it. It would simply have to be so. Three times now those dates have come and gone and nothing. All along the way God has been providing and in a sense proving Himself and His ability to provide and sustain. I am becoming increasingly more confident in God through this, and almost oddly enough I find myself wanting to praise Him for Dad not having a job. Not that is such a great thing to be unemployed, but God has been so good and so faithful, I almost want to boast about it.

Though things are tight and are a bit stressful back home, particularly when faced with the unwanted and unliked possibility of moving very out of state, I find myself perfectly at peace. I just can't get worked up about it. Yes, I REALLY want my dad to get a job, and preferably near where we are, but God has proven Himself so faithful to me in recent months that I simply can't help but be at peace with whatever God shows to be His will and I rest quite comfortably in the fact that God moves in His good timing and never a moment too late.

2 comments:

Stephen Harder said...

Atta girl.

Remake said...

wow!