Monday, January 28, 2008

Not by Circumstance


Listening to Works of God testimonies in chapel today reminded me that nothing EVER happens by chance, and nothing would happen if God didn't direct it to.

Just thinking about being back up here at school- I would not be here if it were not for God's provision. How my financial help came about is particularly because of God's leading and direction. Conceivably, one could say it came about by circumstances and would have happened with out God. This I fully reject as silly. I may forget this at times, but I truly believe that God has His sovereign hand in absolutely everything. He guides and directs in what seems, to our perspective, the most subtle and ordinary of ways, and then "on occasion" in a miraculous way to prove to us blind humans that He's really been in this the entire time. It humbles me and reminds me what a great God I serve.

Oft I forget this as well, but God never guides us to go or do anything if He isn't going to provide and enable us to do it. That is the wonderment and amazement about this Christian life.

No comments: