Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Cringe and Groan


They're doing this thing called Open Studio up here. Through peer pressure I entered, over Christmas I contemplated withdrawing, upon returning I was thrust back into it full force, and now after a ton of hitches along the way, I have officially auditioned. With schemes to possibly enter another song.

I think I'm crazy.

Especially after today.

To record the song, they take you into the recording studio. After getting you all set up with awesome microphones, headphones, padded music stands and all that jazz, you sing/play and record and that's that. Afterwards, they let you listen to it.

I've never heard myself singing by myself before. Now that I have, I wish I hadn't. Come to find out, I cannot stand the sound of my own voice singing. People tell me they like it. They say I have talent. I listened... heard a few "technical" slips and thought, "Well, for being sick that isn't half bad. But I just do not like my voice!" I decided if I was just a random person and I ran across a CD of me, I wouldn't buy it.

Yet, I contemplate doing another song. *shrugs* I'm weird. I know.

I think part of the motivation behind it is realizing this is an opportunity to get some of my work out. I think the other part is just the fun of recording. The whole process of recording has always interested me, and now that I have a chance to do it, I want to take full advantage of the chance.

Speaking of... I might be counseling at Snow Camp this weekend. Okay, it's just a chance. But I signed up and we'll see what happens. I do want to try my hand at it, and this would be the perfect opportunity to taste it before I commit a summer to it.

Anyway! School work calls and I must answer! Blech.

-Frank

1 comment:

Frank Di Gerl said...

Hehe! yeah, I'm seriously contemplating doing the other song. I'm still not certain if it will work out, but I'm pursuing it.

Yeah, that was the conclusion I came to. I don't necessarily have to listen to myself, and as long as other people don't mind my singing, I'll keep on doing it. I like doing it, I just don't like listening to myself. LOL!

Thank you SO much for your prayers! They are greatly appreciated and are a huge encouragement!

God Bless!
-Frank