Saturday, November 25, 2006

Counting Blessings and Giving Thanks


I recently heard a song called, "Count your blessings (instead of sheep)". And the jist of it was that if you can't sleep, count your blessings instead of sheep. (pretty obvious, I know.) Anyway! In light of the holiday, I'm counting off a handful of blessings.

First off, I am VERY thankful for my family! I'm a third generation Christian with awesome grandparents, parents, and siblings. I just love them all more than I can tell.

Second, I am very thankful for my friends. Home, school, wherever; I've got an excellent group of friends. My friends at home have endured me while I was growing up. Hehehe... yes... all sorts of fun times, misadventures, close calls... I am SOO glad none of them had cameras! I owe them... about everything! A few I owe more than others... Boofa, Rach, George, BC... oh yes! I owe them BIG TIME!

Also thankful, in major ways, for my friends at college. They don't have qutie as much black mail on me... nor do I owe them my soul... but I owe them quite a bit. What they've done for me and helped me sort out and get through and whatever else means a lot to me. They will probably never realize just how much it means to me to know that they're there.

Third, I am thankful for the lessons God has taught me since college started. Most of you all have seen or heard some of what I've been taught, but there is soo much more! Oooh! I could go on and on and on about how great and awesome God is and what He's teaching me and everything else, but I have much more fun telling people in person. Hehehe! Be warned!

Fourth, (this sounds just blanketing and chiche or whatever... but so it is!) for everything that I've been given in life. I have been blessed and given FFAAAAARRRRR more than I deserve! Even salvation aside, I have been indredibly blessed. To start listing off the things is to tell the story of my family and my life.

And such is the brief highlight of the tip of all the things I am thankful for.

Thankful? Nay! That word is not deep enough. Is there a word deep enough?

Well, if there is, and until I find it: Hugs to all and... Thank you!

No comments: