Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ever on


Well, I may remember this year as one of the most trying ones of my young life. I got home and the mini-van decided to have a seizure or something. It started sounding like an RC car and it wouldn't shift into gear, it would barely move... and it was bad. Thankfully, we figured out that it wasn't just the slick roads making the tires spin before we left the subdivision. My dad is currently trying to figure out what's wrong with it and we're hoping it won't cost us an arm and a leg to fix it. As it stands, we're broke. Or about there. Dad's been unemployed since April and unemployment is run out.

However dismal this may look, it could definitely be worse. In light of how my semester has gone, this is par for the course and I am once again challenged to make sure my dependence, focus, and trust is on God. For as uncertain and shaky as everything seems right now, it really isn't as worrisome as you might think. "I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging for bread." Psalm 37:25.

1 comment:

Stephen Harder said...

Hey Frank,
Hang in there. You have friends praying for you. I was just getting on here to let you know that your last post was a great challenge to me and maybe you should write a devotional some day! Sometime read Ps. 62 and notice the progression between verse 2 and verse 6. Don't despair. I'm praying and God know's what He is doing. He is infinite and we are very finite.
Grin a little and count your blessings and it will all turn out for good. See ya later!