Friday, December 21, 2007

Miscellaneous

Well, to catch the world up on the trivial and inane (but fun and fascinating!) ...

Peter Jackson has agreed to work with New Line to make the Hobbit. They are going to break it up into two movies which will be shot simultaneously. They are due to appear in a theatre near you around 2010 and 2011. YIPPIE!!! I'm excited!!! :oD

I have also decided to temporarily remove the words "Never Here..." from the top of my blog. I figure the whole 1 of you that actually goes to my blog and reads the header (verses my two facebook readers who have probably never seen it) probably already know whose blog your reading, where it is, and what it is called, and therefore I can sacrifice it in the name of a holiday header. Go me!

I also decided I was having a hard time reading my own blog and therefore picked a different font and made it larger so I can read it more easily. Again, my this is for the benefit of myself and the whole 1 reader that actually comes here (my Facebook reader(s) aside).

My mom has also purchased a new popcorn popper for us all for Christmas. I am sure my brother and myself shall see the most use of it, but I had great fun trying to figure out how to wrap it. In the end, it was all covered in paper. Apparently gift wrapping strange shaped objects is a talent I do not possess. My poor future children. They shall have badly wrapped gifts. Maybe I'll follow in the footsteps of one of my grandma's and put things in odd boxes... like saltine cracker boxes or Kleenex boxes.

Moving on!

I am reading "Flabbergasted" by Ray Blackston again and laughing just as hard! It really is a wonderful mini-vacation. Particularly for the broke college student.

I have also picked up pen and notebook once again to write. If I am patient and muscle through this dull part, I'll get to the fun stuff. I just haven't had the time or discipline to do so as of late. Been a little busy. Now, however, I have the free time so I'm going for it.

Another side note - National Treasure 2 comes out today and I have every intention of going to see it. If nothing else, I'm hoping to laugh at Riley. He's hysterical.

Oh, here is a quirky little side note on God's provision. For whatever reason, some lady called and asked my mom if she would be willing to be apart of a focus group. She was quite insistent that Mom would be a good fit and finangled around one slight hitch to get Mom in. For two or so hours of her time, my Mom got some nice pocket change, and that's after the first day they wanted to have her come in didn't work out and she would have gotten less that day anyway. To add icing to the cupcake, my two younger siblings can do similar sort of things and get paid. I think I might be able to as well. Haven't looked into it yet.

I shall never cease to marvel at God's provision and timing. He always provides- and usually in the last way you would have ever dreamed.

1 comment:

Rae said...

Hey Frank.
Well, I'm back in circulation...sort of. :) I've decided to jump back into the blogging sphere after my abysmal absence, so shall try to keep tabs on you and everyone else.
Merry Christmas, friend. Hope it is a wonderful, worshipful day.