Saturday, December 15, 2007

Safe and Sound

Well, I made it home safe and sound with out hiccup. I think we made pretty good time coming back, and so for the second time I came home in time for dinner. YAY! Nothing beats coming home, talking, and then eating dinner. I even watched Spiderman 3. YAY!!!

Howsomever, I know that there are students traveling that haven't made it home yet and are still driving, some of them through a lovely little snow storm too. My prayers and thoughts are with them. It would be a big bummer if someone ended up stranded or worse.

Anyway...

This is the first thing I've had close to alone time since I've gotten home, so I am now taking it to reflect a little bit on the semester. This reflection shall probably end up quite shallow because it is late and I am tired.

A while back in chapel, the speaker asked if we were the same person now as we were a week ago and if God had grown us at all in that time. Over the span of this semester, I know I have changed. I am not the same girl I was walking into this semester as I am walking out of it. There is a distinct difference between who I was and who I am. I have grown more than I thought possible to grow in one semester and... I'm tired! I am SO glad God put me through everything that He did. I wouldn't trade a second of it. However, I am tired and I am really hoping that God would grant me a day to get away and just be with Him to read, pray, and think. As one friend put it, even Jesus would have to take a break and go get alone with His Father. Yes, I am really hoping I can get such a day and that it would be soon!

Maybe one of these days I will tell the full tale of how God worked, but it is a long tale and it is late. Prayers and pillows are calling...

No comments: