Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!

This is a VERY early morning post! It's nearly 3 AM, and I can't go to sleep just yet, so I'm blogging to tell you all MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I feel that in addition to all the stuff I've already gotten and will get after the sun is up, and even in addition to the birth of Jesus, I have been given much by God. When break started, as I said a post or so ago, things were rough, and still are. However, I can once again see the hand of God in all things. For a little bit there I couldn't, and it was all I could do to cling to God. Then He showed Himself to me in ways I cannot express. To sum it up, I shall borrow a phrase I heard in chapel- God is sovereign and it is perfect.

You would be hard pressed to find something more beautiful in this world than seeing the plans of God unfold.

Reading the Christmas stories as they are scattered throughout the first chapters of the Gospels and seeing how it fulfilled God's promises in such a perfect way in such a perfect time is glorious. But then to turn around and see how God has lead in directed in my own life and how things happen in His exact perfect way and in exactly the perfect moment is amazing. For me, it is as if the ancient days in which God worked so plainly have been revived. The veil that blinds is torn away for a moment in time and I am allowed to see how God is working above, in, through, and under all the distracting madness of this world. And then I see that the ancients saw God's working no clearer or more hid than I.

He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Praise Him for His faithfulness, His sovereignty, and His steadfast love! Praise His name!

Merry Christmas my friends! May the day be a celebration of His birth and a day of thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Stephen Harder said...

Hey Frank,

Glad to hear (read) that things are a little more upbeat in your life even if circumstances aren't! (That was confusing) Sorry I haven't blogged in a while but I don't have internet access at home so I have to come to the library and this is the first chance I've had to come. Glad to hear your break is going well and a late Very Merry Christmas!