Thursday, December 24, 2009

Welcome to Brasil!

If the capitalization and punctuation is off, forgive me. the shift button on this keyboard is a touch stuck and all the punctuation marks are misplaced thanks to the extra letter on brasilian keyboards.

For those of you that do not know, I left from DTW on Tuesday at 2 pm. from Detroit we, Leah and I flew to Miami where we had a three hour lay over before we flew down to Sao Paulo (which means Saint Paul, should you care to know). What some of you may have heard was that an American Airlines flight (I was on an AA flight) crash landed on a Jamaican beach.

That wasn´t me. We arrived safely in Brasil. To summarize in brief what was a VERY long day... from the airport ~Leah~s parents p icked us up and we took a taxi to the bus station. From there we took a 9 hour bus ride to Londrena where we spent the night. This morning we woke up at drove the last three and a half hours back to the house where I shall be spending the better part of this next month.

As for what Ive seen - city, country, town, country, Brasilian Christmas decorating, another missionary family, banana trees, coconut trees, sugar cane, eggs sold out of the back of a car, fruit sold out of the back of a truck, underwear sold next to the key chains in the bus terminal, brasilian driving, and the effects of 36 hours of travel on my face, eyes, and hair. which is not pretty.

Well, dinner is on and I am hungry!

From Brasil,
-Frank

P.S. cashews down here are fresh and taste better, and cashew juice tastes like non-alcoholic pina colada with a hint of cashew.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Jenny!
So glad you made it to Brasil safely. I'm praying for you! Have a great time and don't forget to get a tan.:)
My family says "HI",
Ally